BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Edit Origin or User Origin Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am using Archicad 12 on a 2010 MacBook Pro with the latest Mac OSX 10.6.xx

My problem is when I am designing an alteration or addition for a client, I first have to input the existing building from the plans. My problem is the surveying lines.

For example the top line is 30 meters long at 98 degrees, 41 minutes and 25 seconds. The second line connects to the end of the first and is 27.817 meters long and 188 degrees, 40 minutes and 50 seconds and so on so forth.

My problem is what I think is called the 'edit origin'. There is a black X that is supposed to appear at the end of the line.

Keystrokes:

r 33000 a 98 space 41 space 25 enter (black x and end of line meant to appear) r 27817 a 188 space 40 space 50 enter.

What happens is the lines are all screwed, and no black X appears as it does on my dads Archicad (same version but on windows XP) and it makes Archicad unusable as I need boundaries for my submissions to council for approval and for my certifier to pass the proposal. Can you help? Thanks in advance.
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!