Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Edit profile & update

Tom Krowka
Booster
Have created a profile and used it as a beam. Have edited the profile in the editor, then stored. Profiles do not automatically update. I'm sure they used to do that.

Now, it seems I have to select each profile member in plan with the editor open, then hit apply. I have lots of that profile throughout the plan and it is time consuming to find and select each one.

What happened, and how can I update them all at once without selecting them all.

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
DGSketcher
Legend
Still works here. Are you sure you stored the altered profile and the unchanged beams are all referring to the profile you just edited? Are they affected by PBC's that can mask your changes?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Tom Krowka
Booster
Yes to all your questions, except what at PBC's?
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
DGSketcher
Legend
PBC - Priority based connections

I was editing a complex wall profile but found that the part of the wall I was trying to show was being overridden/trimmed by the floor slab.

I never use apply, not sure why it's there, I just edit, store, return to drawing and everything has updated.

I can't think how else you might have disconnected your existing beams.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Are you sure the beams are set to the specific profile and not to 'custom'?

It sounds like they are set to 'custom', rather than the stored profile.

See below. Instead of 'custom' it should be your stored profile.
cp_beam.jpg
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Tom Krowka
Booster
When I opened the PLN this morning, the profile was updated everywhere. Not sure why it did not automatically update yesterday.

And yes, had the profile rather than custom selected in the dialogue box. But thanks all.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com