Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Editing Plane

Zdenko
Booster

trying to figure out what i did to create an editing plane that is way off of where my workspace. looked for any entities but have not found any. any suggestions...

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.38.28 AM.png

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mthd
Ace

Try selecting all elements with CMD a, on Mac or CTRL a, on windows from your 3D screen. Then see what happens, you may have to zoom out as well if something is actually selected.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Solution
mthd
Ace

Try selecting all elements with CMD a, on Mac or CTRL a, on windows from your 3D screen. Then see what happens, you may have to zoom out as well if something is actually selected.

Zdenko
Booster

did not think of that thank you!

Sonoma 14.4.1

No worries, accidentally placing an element out in space can easily happen to any of us.

hello again - it seems that today the issue occurred again. this time i could not find any elements and for some odd reason when i try to rotate in 3d the zoom level is way out of whack? any suggestions to look into within the settings. you can see in my perspective 3d view settings that the coordinates are out in space, but can't figure out how to get them back in check.

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 4.40.48 PM.png

Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi @Zdenko,

You can read this page regarding (View Cone), I hope it helps you.

IMG_1170.jpeg

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Hi @Zdenko, that’s strange. Do you have a scroll wheel on your mouse ? If so, when you roll it forwards it should zoom in and if you roll it backwards it should zoom out. Do you get the same result with the other 3D view (Not Perspective) ?

We are asked to make a separate thread for each new issue so please start a new one so someone can help you out further.

Thank you.

Perspective views are great for presentation, that is what it will look like in real life.

But the extent of the model will affect how it rotates and zooms.

I find working in Axonometric mode is so much easier.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

i will mess with the "view cone" and see how it impacts my scrolling/zooming with mouse.

Sonoma 14.4.1

i have a logitech mouse with wheel (personal preference) and when i roll forward or backward it correctly zooms in and out, however the rate of zoom is exponential and not controllable to view in 3d. i will look into starting a new thread after messing with the recent recommendations...

Sonoma 14.4.1