Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Editing Roof Pivot Line (Single Plane Roof & Splitted Multiple Plane Roof)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys,

I am new to ArchiCAD and still exploring.

I notice that the pivot lines of the single plane roof and the splitted multiple plane roof are dashed lines NOT solid lines. It does not seem to allow me to edit the pivot line, for example, to add a node, to offset and etc. Whereas, the contour lines of the single plane roof and the splitted multiple plane roof are still editable.

Is there a way to edit the pivot line of the single plane roof and the splitted multiple plane roof?

Thanks a lot.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
A split mult-plane roof is just a group of single roof planes.
And no, you can not add nodes to it as then it would no longer be a single roof plane.
You can stretch (end nodes) and move (centre node) the pivot line, but that is all.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
I don't know your objective, but have you tried using the SHELL tool if you want an editable roof?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
A split mult-plane roof is just a group of single roof planes.
And no, you can not add nodes to it as then it would no longer be a single roof plane.
You can stretch (end nodes) and move (centre node) the pivot line, but that is all.

Barry.
Thanks a lot, Barry. That answered my question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
I don't know your objective, but have you tried using the SHELL tool if you want an editable roof?
Thank you DGSketcher. I have not tried SHELL tool yet. I will give it a shot.