Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Editing modules in Teamwork projects

n_b
Contributor

Hi, is there no way to edit .mod files when in a Teamwork project?

The option to 'Open in new Instance' is greyed out and there doesn't seem to be any way to open the .mod file from the Bimcloud either inside Archicad.

My only solution is to manually download the .mod file from the Bimcloud in my browser, edit it, and then re-upload it - is there a better way?? Or to store the .mod file on my local server only, instead of the Bimcloud.

Thanks for your help!

image.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello n_b,

Unfortunately you can't open .mod files directly from BIMcloud. In case you plan to regularly update content of these files, you can either link them as Teamwork projects, or as you suggested, store them on a file server where people can access it.

Another option is that you use the so called iceberg method and publish your .mod files to the BIMcloud from another file or the same file as the host, so you can modify their content and update them easily on BIMcloud at the same time.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello n_b,

Unfortunately you can't open .mod files directly from BIMcloud. In case you plan to regularly update content of these files, you can either link them as Teamwork projects, or as you suggested, store them on a file server where people can access it.

Another option is that you use the so called iceberg method and publish your .mod files to the BIMcloud from another file or the same file as the host, so you can modify their content and update them easily on BIMcloud at the same time.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

n_b
Contributor

Thank you Noemi! Disappointing that you can't open directly from Bimcloud, but it is what it is. 

its a really bad idea to edit the mod file. It can get you into all sorts of trouble with attributes etc.  You're better off going to the source and publishing the updated version to BIMCloud and updating that way.

Stuart Clark

Automation in Architecture

Archicad 5-25

Mac OS 11.6.1

MacBookPro 2014

2.8GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7

16 GB1600MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB