BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Electrical outlet object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone tell me to get the Outlet 2 US 20 object to actually look like an outlet in plan.
12 REPLIES 12
Apparently, you can't. Too bad, because it would be a nice object if you could. (This kind of stuff drives me nuts, because the issue is so obvious.) I suggest you look for "Electrigon-2.0" in the meantime. It's a pretty good free alternative.
Try here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/download.php?id=19330
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

I have put this to the attention of the USA product group to review this object for improvement in a future release. Thank you for pointing it out.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
None of these links work.

Are there not any electrical outlet objects still, in ArchiCAD? Are we supposed to download arbitrary 3d objects from places like 3d warehouse to get them?
Eduardo Rolon
These do not worK?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you talking about symbols?

Do they show a 3d object of an outlet in the 3d view and does it display a 2d of the same outlet in 2d view?

I'm not really looking for symbols, but for objects.
Eduardo Rolon
From the US Ac22 Library
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
From the US Ac22 Library
And what does that look like in 2d?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Wow, everytime I see things like this and think "but this is in ARCHICAD already", it is made by our reseller and part of the local subscription library. Go Kubus

That said, some issue I have with 2D and 3D representation: the 2D symbol generally is larger than the actual outlet (if you want your drawings to be 'readable' when printed out), meaning you have to 'move' the outlet in 3D if you have a group of them. Our local library part comes with that option. However, I also tend to do drag copies around my plan when making electrical plans, so outlets with a 3D shift parameter in place sometimes make for extra work for the 3D part to show. If you have two rows of symbols, you are in trouble, because it can only shift in place, not towards or away from the wall.

It is a nice novelty to show them in 3D, but it takes a bit of work and sometimes your 2D plan starts to suffer.

Also the person chasing through the wall on site for all the fittings won't be looking at your 3D model (at least in my experience).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Eduardo Rolon
famadorian wrote:
ejrolon wrote:
From the US Ac22 Library
And what does that look like in 2d?
Like the previous screenshot. Or you could open the part and check.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Learn and get certified!