Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Elevation from AC10 is Section in AC11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an AC10 file.. opened in AC11 , now with separation of elevations and sections , a few of my elevations are in section tree , any way i can correct that ?

its not a big issue but i was just wondering? " any way i didn't really find a real benefit of separating those two .. an additional tool? if it was for organizing the job, an ability of creating folder in Elevation tree in navigator or something like that is enough "
any way back to my situation... any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if there is any way to fix it in AC11 (not to say there isn't I just haven't needed to). This probably happened because some of your elevations had their marker type set to "Section" in AC10. If you change this in the AC10 file and reopen it in 11 that should fix it for you.

I too question the sense of this new tool. It makes things slightly easier by letting us have default markers set for each, but I have always considered elevations to be sections that don't happen to cut through the building (or sections as elevations that do). Besides, many sections also include partial elevations (particularly in "U", "H" or "O" shaped buildings).
TomWaltz
Participant
I've been using the new division to clone Elevations and Interior Elevations into my View Set. It's not huge, but kind of nice.
Tom Waltz