Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Elevation text

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a difference when placing text on my front elevation in the project map view, versus the view map view?
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
If I understand correctly, no.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Seraphim wrote:
Is there a difference when placing text on my front elevation in the project map view, versus the view map view?
A View from the View Map is just a Viewpoint from the Project Map with saved Layer Combination, Display Scale, MVO, etc. settings. They are both "windows" -- so, "no". The advantage to working in the View window is that you have better idea of the eventual output (line weight, visible layers, etc.).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Thomas Holm
Booster
Seraphim wrote:
It is the same elevation!

You've just navigated to it in two different ways.
If you've saved a view of in in the view map, and you double-click that, you will see the elevation with layer combinations etc like they were when you saved the view (or updated its settings the last time).

If you navigate to the elevation by double-clicking it in the project map, archicad will open it with the current view settings, layer combos etc that you happen to have active just now.
So if the text tool points to a layer that happens to be visible now, but that is turned off in the layer combo that was saved with the view of the elevation, it might happen that the text won't show on the layout when you place the view (unless you've changed the la

Therefore, when you've come so far in the project that you've begun to save views for placing, if possible use the view map for navigation all the time.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1