Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Ellipse with a solid fill

g r a n t
Enthusiast
Hello,
I am fairly new here. I can't find a clear answer online. I need to draw an ellipse and fill it with a solid fill. I've been drawing a circle/ellipse. This works fine. Then I selected the fill tool with solid fill. With a magic wand I clicked inside the ellipse. The fill takes the shape of a circle????? I tried to reshape the circle fill to no avail. My goal is to have a small ellipse with a solid fill to represent a bead of caulking/sealant for detailing purposes. Can somebody kindly show me how easy it is to do this? Thank you. Grant
I started learning ArchiCAD at age 50....bear with me,
AC26
MacBook Pro M1 Max.
Ventura 13.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Grant:

Go to the Magic Wand Settings... and change it from Deviation from Curves to Segments Along Circles, this will create a polygon that follows the ellipse shape.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Grant:

Go to the Magic Wand Settings... and change it from Deviation from Curves to Segments Along Circles, this will create a polygon that follows the ellipse shape.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
g r a n t
Enthusiast
Hello David,
Thank you for the reply and answer. There are sooooo many little settings to learn. I appreciate your help. Have a great day. Grant.
I started learning ArchiCAD at age 50....bear with me,
AC26
MacBook Pro M1 Max.
Ventura 13.1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Grant:

Glad to help. There are some settings/commands under the surface that can useful if you know about them, it just takes some time.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture