Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Empty Door opening BUG (AC12/AC13)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
My English isn't well so I'll try explain problem in pictures.
1. Draw wall and door and window.

2. In Documents/Set Model View choose 'Show openings only' both for windows and doors.

As we can see all correct.
3. Now choose door and replace it to emty door

4. Wall borders disappeared.

I thing it's a bug. Because doorway should have borders on the plan.
With windows same situation.
Checked in Archicad 12 and in Archicad 13.
Sometimes lines disappear only after any property of Emty Door/window changes.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
In the MVO dialog, you must check the boxes for "with contours".
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Karl wrote:
In the MVO dialog, you must check the boxes for "with contours".
Karl, correct me if I am wrong, I thought this feature was only intended to show the contours on the two sides of the wall, not the sides of an opening. The sides of an opening should have a contour defacto. Am I not correct?

In AC 14 this model view option is available in the door settings and even the dropdown icons show a contour line on the sides of the opening in all variations. Also tested the global MVO with the same results.

Vlad, perhaps there might be a display order issue at fault. Try selecting the door or wall and change the display order Edit>Display Order.
Wall Contour Lines on Door Opening.jpg
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Karl Ottenstein
You're right, Nicholas. The MVO option shows the side AND the in-line wall contours.

If the MVO is to show door/window, then the door/window contour setting must be off to show the wall end lines.

But, at least on Mac, if I switch MVO to show opening only, then actual windows show wall ends but empty openings still do not and I don't see a way of forcing them to show?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB