BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Enlarged Floor plans or plans at different scales

Anonymous
Not applicable
How is it that I can have the same floor plan at different scale; and also, how do I call out an enlarged floor plan?

Can a 3d view, a perspective be duplicated?
Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
How is it that I can have the same floor plan at different scale; and also, how do I call out an enlarged floor plan?

Can a 3d view, a perspective be duplicated?
Thanks,
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can save Views of the Floor Plan and store them with different scale settings. Then you can just activate the View you need.

You can use either the Worksheet Tool or the Detail Tool for the Callout.
Please note that these will not be model Viewpoints anymore, only Drawings.
This means that you will not be able to edit your model in these "Callout" viewpoints.
When they are created they will appear in the Project Map among Viewpoints. You can then open them and set the scale to the desired value.

As far as 3D: you can save cameras and save Views of the 3D Window with those settings. But these will not be separate Viewpoints, only the same Viewpoint saved with different settings.
If you create a 3D Document, on the other hand, that creates new Viewpoints.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see, so then basically you do all the work in ONE plan model view?
then go back to the enlarged view and adjust dimensions and notes?

Where can I find the tools to save the views? or what am I looking for in the help file?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You want to look for "Views" and "View Sets" in the help files. Then you can also check the "Clone Folder" concept, which is also very useful.
Just get familiar with the concept of saving Views as a way of capturing a certain state of a Viewpoint.
In the Navigator you will see the Project Map. Also the View Map and others too.
The Project Map lists the Viewpoints you have. The View Map stores all the Views you save.

You can work in the Floor Plan. With the use of Views and layer combinations you can have everything on it.
Or, you can create these enlarged Floor Plan parts if you think that is a better way of doing it. The program is pretty flexible.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erika Epstein
Booster
Create views in the organizer. Each view can be saved with its own set of scale, layer combination, model view option (MVO) etc. These views are then placed on the layout sheets for publication

Check out the HELP menu in archicad which will take you to AC help, tutorials and many other places for learning Archicad.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!