BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Error - Casement_corner 81.gsm

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I find out how to fix this error.

These statements happen when updating Zones:

Cannot DEL transformation above TOP
at line 313 of file Casement_corner 81.gsm.

at line 955 of file Casement_corner 81.gsm.

These statements happen when returning to 3D view after closing the window settings dialog box:

at line 324 of file Casement_b 81.gsm.
at line 898 of file Casement_b 81.gsm.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem appears to be in the GDL script of Casement_corner 81.gsm

You can try opening it and use Go to Line... (command/control L) in the 3D script. This can be a bit of a crap shoot some times. Since the advent of multiple script windows the line number in error reports is often, shall we say, unhelpful.

You can also search for the DEL statement(s) in the script. If you are unfamiliar with GDL; one of its primary aspects is moving/transforming the coordinate axes with the ADD, ROT, and MUL statements. Each time these are used they add another transformation to the "stack" (they are cumulative in their effect).

The DEL statement removes transformations from the stack. When there are no more to be deleted the DEL will generate this error.

That said, this error should not prevent the part from working properly. If you don't feel like fixing it, you can minimize the annoyance by turning off "Interrupt with Error Messages" in the 3D Imaging preferences (if you haven't already done so).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still Being fairly GDL ignorant, I may go with turning off "Interrupt with Error Messages".

I don't believe that the windows used in this project are any different from the windows I use in most all of my project. Why is this window now producing the error?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just took a look at the code of one of the windows and can see a logical flaw (in some conditional statements) which can allow this error to occur under certain conditions (probably subject to parameter settings).

I don't have the time to sort it out any further than this, but, as I said, the error should cause no functional problems.

You're right now to get into it yourself. Tracing through the stack of transformations can be tricky in relatively simple scripts, and this one is rather more involved.
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!