BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Error message when openning 3D view

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I launch AC and the first time I open the 3D view I get an error message (see picture below). The unfortunate part is that there is no indication as to what the error is. I started having this issue with AC21 and now in AC22 (Amer. V3006, 64 bit). Please note that that I am running Win10 Pro 64 bit on a PC with an AMD FX-9590 CPU with 32GB RAM and a Radeon R9 380 graphics card. I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue or can tell me how to figure out what the error is. All help appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stupid me I forgot the picture.

Barry Kelly
Is this for every file you open or only a specific one?
If you do a marquee or selection of different areas in the plan and view that in 3D do you get the same error?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Barry. This happens with many of my files when opening the 3D view. Please note that this error message occurs before the 3D model is shown on the screen. Also, if I don't click on the button in the window AC stops and does not continue on an show the 3D view. When the button is clicked the window closes and AC continues and opens the 3D window tab and shows the model. I have not found anything wrong or missing from the model and I can continue to work in 3D without any issues, at least as far as I can tell. My concern is that maybe something is being omitted or something and could be internal to the design which won't be seen. I was wondering if there is a way to capture the event that is causing the error in a debug file or something.
Barry Kelly
DrWho wrote:
I was wondering if there is a way to capture the event that is causing the error in a debug file or something.
I don't think so - not for us mere mortals anyway.

You could try the Open & Repair option when you open a file from the open file dialogue.

Otherwise just select small portions in plan and view that in 3D to see if you can track down where the problem may be.
Also try turning on each layer one at a time to see if that helps to narrow it down.

Otherwise get in touch with support at your distributor and they should have better investigation tools.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help Barry. I will try the repair route and see what happens. If no help I can contact support.
Learn and get certified!