BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Essential Training Guide for AC14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello! May be a silly question, but its driving me nuts... I have downloaded the Essentials Training Guide... how do I use it with AC14? I can open it, but then the movie player will not show up. I realize that it says its for AC13, but figured there would be a way to get it to work with 14. Thanks in advance for any help!
9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly
It will work.
Just sounds like you don't have the Movie Player set to show in your Work Environment.
I just checked the "Standard" work environment and I couldn't see it either.

To add it open the Work Environment dialogue.
Select the MENUS on the left hand side.
Open the OPTIONS menu on the right hand side.
Sort all command in alphabetical order in the middle.
Find the Archicad Movie Player and press the ADD button.

After you OK all of this you should find the Movie Player in the Options menu.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
You will also want to save the "Command Layout scheme" otherwise you will have to reset the movie player into the options menu everytime you open a training guide.

Select the "Command Layout scheme" on the left and then "Store as" on the right and give it an appropriate name.

Then when you want to use it open the Work zenvironment, select "Command Layout scheme" on the left, select the scheme you saved on the right and press the "ApplyScheme" button.

You can also save it as a completely new Work Environment but I will let you sort that one out.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
OK - so long as I am already there.
Do this to create a new profile.
The just open Work Environment and apply the new profile whenever you want the movie player.
You have to creat a new one because the standard one is locked and can't be edited.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Strange, I can see the ArchiCAD Movie Player command in my Help menu (toward the bottom of it) when I am in the Standard Profile.
But I am using the INT version.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
[I have downloaded the Essentials Training Guide... how do I use it with AC14? I can open it, but then the movie player will not show up. ]

Hi. I am trying to follow ArchiCAD Essentials ITG e-Guide and have been able to get chapter 1 open in Archicad Movie Player within the Archicad 14 (edu) environment. How to I get Movie Player to open chapter 2 within AC environment? I have open chapter 2 from the view map, but am still getting chapter 1 on AC Movie Player.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You have to open the Chapter 2 file with the File\Open command and that will load the appropriate movies.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks laszlonagy. Just figured that out the hard way - easy when you see through the trees!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again.
I was working well with movie player in work environment today going through chapter 5 of Essentials Basic ITG. I saved and closed down half way through this chapter and now when I open and try to use Archicad Movie Player it shows on the bar (forget the name of this bar!) below the work environment but won't appear within work environment no matter what I do - maximise, restore, size etc....
I have tried closing and reopening the file and other files and I still can't get it to operate within work environment!
Where am I going wrong here?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't know what could be wrong but you can open these movie files separately. Go to their folder and open them in QuickTime.
Learn and get certified!