Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Exemption from NEW ELEMENTS renovation filter

Mike_simo
Participant

Hello, 

as the titles says I am trying to set up graphic rule that lets me keep all new elements in red except for the new windows. Is this possible?

Schermata 2022-09-17 alle 17.49.48.png
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

Yes, but you will need to use the default Renovation settings displaying normal finishes etc, so that the Renovation Filter doesn't override what you are going to do with the Graphic Override (GO). The Renovation Filter overrides take precedent over GOs.

You can create a GO that will change the settings of all "New" elements but excludes windows with the following settings...

Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 17.02.11.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thank you very much for the reply.

It worked but the problem is that now it's not showing in red the segments of the walls that need to be built in order to move the window.

Schermata 2022-09-17 alle 18.19.jpg
DGSketcher
Legend

Any element that is tagged as New should change to red except the windows.

If you are also using Demolition & Existing renovation status then you need to add them to the criteria using OR.

As I mentioned the Renovation Filters take priority so you would use them to show or hide elements as required for your drawing without applying any colour overrides. You should then be able to use the GO to shade everything red except the windows.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)