Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Export to DWG overlapping items

stevini
Booster

Hello Folks 🙂

I draw a multi-storeys building and I need to export it in dwg. When I visualize, for instance the second floor, and export it to dwg, the file I get shows all the elements underneath the selected floor I am exporting. So, while in Archicad, the floor plan is clean, in autocad, it shows the second floor overlapping the 3 floors below.

How can I do?

13 REPLIES 13

Files/interoperability/dwg dxf translators

Then import a new translator

Here import the xml file

Finaly use this dwg translator when you publish dwg file from the layout

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

Ok I managed to use it but the result is the same. In autocad I visualize each floor with all the elements of the floors below that I shoudn't see. For example, all the walls and stairs which are under the slab and they shoudn't be visible. Now I have to go. Tomorrow I will send you a screeshot of what I am saying. And anyway thank you very much for your support! I really appreciate

Solution

I managed to solve the problem! I had to select each element on each floor and in "Floor Plan Display" select "Home Story Only". In this way I have a dwg drawing clean and tidy exactly the same I visualize in Archicad. Thanks anyway a lot for the support!

Of course Yes !

I did not think about this.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin