BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

File size

Vertinal
Newcomer

Hello everyone. Sorry as i don't know where to put this topic

Not long ago i have bought laptop for graphic design and have installed Archicad.

I have 2 drivers, 1 which is C has not so many space because i wanted it to be designed only for Windows, and 2nd drive is P, which is for everything else but windows.

I have also installed Archicad on P, and changed setting in app, to save everything on P instead of C, yet somehow when I'm working on Archicad, space on drive C is being taken and i have no idea what to do now.

I don't want to do disk erase and install everything from 0.

I'm attaching pictures i have taken to prove that everything i know is on P not C

2 REPLIES 2
Miha_M
Advisor

Since you've relocated everything Archicad needs to the second drive probably it's not Archicad which is taking additional space on your Windows drive. It could be the Windows Page or Swap file size if you don't have a decent amount of RAM installed. You seem to have a bit small system drive. Is it two separate hard drives you have in your laptop or one single drive with two partitions? If it's two partitions on one drive I would suggest to change the partition size for your system as it seems to be too small. In this case I would go for only one partition, It doesn't bring any special advantages if you have a dedicated system partition on one single drive. It would make sense if it would be one disc (which should be a SSD drive) for the operating system and another for data (for which I would suggest a HDD - spinning drive).

I would also recommend that you place the operating system AND software on a SSD. I always use another dedicated physical drive for data (actually two of them in raid 1) - but I work on a workstation which has enough room to place more than just one or maybe two drives like most laptops are capable of. 

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Lingwisyer
Guru

What are your laptop specs? Would be helpful to add those to your forum signature for future reference.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!