Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fill Scale

Llian
Advocate
Is there anyways that I can rescale a fill type, say diagonal lines, without having to re-create a duplicate ?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
4 REPLIES 4
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
You can use the 'Distorted Fill' construction method handles on the fill tool and resize the scale of the fill pattern with them. Change the length of each handle equally to keep from skewing the pattern. It's not a perfect solution, but it works.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Llian
Advocate
Thanks...will try it out later..
Meanwhile, I am just wondering what is the reasoning for not having a scale factor in the fill tool?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Barry Kelly
When you create the fill you have a choice of making it either a fixed printer size (regardless of the scale it will always print at the same spacing on paper) or scaled so that it adjusts with your scale and will always appear to be the same dimensional spacing (great for when you want to represent the actual size of a hatched element like 200x200 tiling).

You can either creat new fills as the needs arise or edit the existing fills but be aware all instances of that fill will be affected.

Or if you want to adjust just the odd fill here or there you can use the distorted fill handles that MMontgomery mentioned.
A handle that is 1000mm long (1 metre) will be one unit size of your fill hatch spacing.
Stretch the handle to 2 metres and the spacing will be twice as big.

I'm not sure what the unit size will be for those of you using Imperial measurements.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Barry wrote:
I'm not sure what the unit size will be for those of you using Imperial measurements.
The ever useful 3'-3 3/8". Also shows up in the Parallel Projection Settings dialog box.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14