Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fill origin in composite section

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
i have created a fill type ,now i am using the new fill type in composite section,where the fill type is cut,how do i fix the origin of fill in composite section ?.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
ashok_hj wrote:
how do i fix the origin of fill in composite section ?.

I don't think you can except that where you create the pattern in relation to the absolute origin of the drawing might have an effect.

For example, if one creates a line that looks like this |||||||||||||||| out of a series of vertical lines, if the absolute origin of the drawing were at the lower left of the first line that makes up the series, that's where the true reference would be; if the origin was at the center of the first line that's where the true line reference would be. True line reference = the point at which your cursor changes to a mercedes.

I'm just guessing but I can't think of any other way.

woodster
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Another way would be to set your 'Status of Section/Elevation View to 'Drawing' (as opposed to an Auto/Manual Rebuild model) and setting your composite fill to 'Link to Fill Origin'.

See, the fill's origin is linked to the project origin, even in a section window.. The project origin is relative in floor plan and all section & elevation windows. It's in the same location in every one. This is very important to know if you are pre-linking views into PM. On a side note, you'll notice the same doesn't hold true for Detail windows - instead there is a + marker in the detail bubble to set it's effective project zero. Anyway, my point is that all fill origins start from project zero in plan and S/E's and there's no way of changing it whilst keeping the model 'live'.

Woody's method could work in theory, but since it is relative to where the wall is placed in plan, you would probably need a new fill for every single wall!

Hope that's clear Ashok, please let me know if it isn't.

Upna khayal rakhna mere dost,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tested it out... just don't think you can unless you set the section to Drawing as Link suggested and then manipulate the fill. Otherwise in all views (except as noted when the fill becomes "separate" from the object) it will relate to the project origin. (see picture)

woodster
fill.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
woodster wrote:
Just tested it out... just don't think you can unless you set the section to Drawing as Link suggested and then manipulate the fill. Otherwise in all views (except as noted when the fill becomes "separate" from the object) it will relate to the project origin. (see picture)

woodster
no woodster iam not anle to get it,iam not looking for a line patch,iam looking for fill thats made of 5arcs a double 'S' shape
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Another way would be to set your 'Status of Section/Elevation View to 'Drawing' (as opposed to an Auto/Manual Rebuild model) and setting your composite fill to 'Link to Fill Origin'.

See, the fill's origin is linked to the project origin, even in a section window.. The project origin is relative in floor plan and all section & elevation windows. It's in the same location in every one. This is very important to know if you are pre-linking views into PM. On a side note, you'll notice the same doesn't hold true for Detail windows - instead there is a + marker in the detail bubble to set it's effective project zero. Anyway, my point is that all fill origins start from project zero in plan and S/E's and there's no way of changing it whilst keeping the model 'live'.

Woody's method could work in theory, but since it is relative to where the wall is placed in plan, you would probably need a new fill for every single wall!

Hope that's clear Ashok, please let me know if it isn't.

Upna khayal rakhna mere dost,
Link.

iam not anle to get it,iam not looking for a line patch,iam looking for fill thats made of 5arcs a double 'S' shape
Anonymous
Not applicable
ashok_hj wrote:

iam not anle to get it,iam not looking for a line patch,iam looking for fill thats made of 5arcs a double 'S' shape

The point is, that if it does not work for the pattern used in this test, it is not going to work for any pattern. Unless we misunderstood your question?

woodster