Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Floor Plan Display settings missing: issues with Dormers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have placed two dormers on a roof plane forming a room in a roof, over a garage.

The dormers are showing on the ground floor plan (which i dont want). I have gone into the Floor Plan and Section dialogue, but the Floor Plan Display Settings are missing.

It is present for doors and windows etc., but not Skylights. I think this is something new to AC15?
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ty:

1. It looks like the display of the Skylight (dormer) and its associated Roof are linked, so try changing the Roof's Home Story to the floor above the "ground floor plan".
2. Look at Project Preferences > Construction Elements: Floor Plan Display and their Skylights, this will also affect their appearance.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

Do you mean you can change the actual origin of the roof? I know you can decide what levels to show the roof on, but did not know you could designate it to a different level without physically changing its height.

I did previously look at the :Project Preferences > Construction Elements: Floor Plan Display and their Skylights, however this either allows or stops the display on all levels, it seems.

It used to be that Skylights were no different to doors, windows or other objects in the control of their display on the Floor Plan Setting.

Regards

Ty
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ty wrote:
Do you mean you can change the actual origin of the roof? I know you can decide what levels to show the roof on, but did not know you could designate it to a different level without physically changing its height.
Yes, it is the Home Story setting in the Geometry and Positioning panel of the Roof Tool dialog box. What is good is that while this will change the Story the roof is associated to, it does not change the height of the roof relative to Project Zero, so the Roof will not move in the model after changing this setting.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
genius! Problem solved.

Thanks for your help David.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ty:

Glad to read that worked, thanks for posting back.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture