Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Floor plan issues and viewing objects

I am designing a multi floor building. The building has walls and columns that start on the lowest floor and terminate at various floor. When I place those items and set the layout to show the items on "all stories" or "all relevant stories" I would expect to see those components on the various stories but I don't. Never had this problem before. I am using AC25 (5005) USA. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue or is this a need to uninstall and reinstall (really don't want to do that). I am also using the most up-to-date version of Win10 Pro.

As an example, I have a wall that starts in the basement and terminates at the top of the second floor. When I select the basement floor plan the wall is shown but when I change to the first floor floor plan the wall doesn't show even though I set it to show on all stories. Thanks in advance.

15 REPLIES 15

@wile e coyote genius , despite photos are still not clear but ok I think you can try to go to the story where the wall is hidden and press Carl+F to find and select the wall so put it’s parameter and when selected right click and choose display order and bring to front if not selected that means other thing.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

@Mahmoud Qenawi wrote:

...despite photos are still not clear ...

@Mahmoud Qenawi , if you click on the image it should open at a slightly larger scale.

If you still can't see enough detail you can download it (button bottom right of image) and then open the image and zoom in.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@Barry Kelly , thank you for advice but I downloaded and opened it’s the same, ok maybe my phone problem I’m sorry.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11

Yes, maybe it is a phone issue.

If I open the downloaded file (.jpg) I can zoom right in.

BarryKelly_0-1647306500298.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@Barry Kelly , you are right I think it’s network issue, the picture is big size and can’t load with full resolution, thx.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
Solution

Hello and thanks to all who replied. So far I wads able to solve my issue by pushing the slab (floor) back. So at this time I will say I have my solution to the issue currently. It would have been nice if there was a drop down or popup menu that showed the build order of the floor plans that would allow the user to change the build order directly and have it apply to all stories or just the current one.  Again thanks.