Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Folders and Searchbar for Worksheets

Hi all,

I think that feature is easy to implement 😉
and VERY usefull.

What do you think?

BR, Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
You should be making views of your worksheets in the View Map.
You can organize them there how you like, including folders (so long as they are not clones from the view map).

It would be better if the organization could be done in the Project Map, that way we can clone folders of 'like' worksheets.
But at least it is something you can do now.
The same organization would apply for elevations, sections and details.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
hi Barry,
indeed sounds like a good approach.
thanks
BR, Florian
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I currently 'group' them by ID, but it would be nice to be able to clone 'folders' or 'groups' of similar worksheets. It would certainly streamline some of our workflow if a project requires an extra worksheet of a similar type that already exists. Since right now we have to manually add another saved view to a few spots in our tree of views that are set up for different project stages. It's not terribly time consuming, but could be quality of life improvement.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
Erwin wrote:
I currently 'group' them by ID, but it would be nice to be able to clone 'folders' or 'groups' of similar worksheets. It would certainly streamline some of our workflow if a project requires an extra worksheet of a similar type that already exists. Since right now we have to manually add another saved view to a few spots in our tree of views that are set up for different project stages. It's not terribly time consuming, but could be quality of life improvement.
Add the ability to clone project map sub-groups would be a huge improvement to shorten the view map tree. Cloning can lead to long lists of irrelevant views especially with live sections, and on the flip side it is way too easy to forget to add a view manually.

Does this need a new entry on the wish list?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly
DGSketcher wrote:
Add the ability to clone project map sub-groups would be a huge improvement to shorten the view map tree. Cloning can lead to long lists of irrelevant views especially with live sections, and on the flip side it is way too easy to forget to add a view manually.

Does this need a new entry on the wish list?

I don't think this needs a new wish.
To clone sub-folders, we need to be able to create them in the Project Map - which is as per the original wish.
I just see it as refining the original wish.

I can understand that we would not be able to re-organize the Project Map, but the ability to add sub-folders in a group would certainly be handy (so long as we can clone just that sub-folder).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
I have added a Yes vote on the basis this should allow us to clone parent folders & sub-folders or just a single sub-folders.

I think you need the parent and/or child option to cover those situations where you might only want the parent views for general views, parent & child for locations and just the child views for detailing.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
agree 100% - good point!
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas and thoughts on this issue!

I believe it is a great idea to have sub-folders inside the Project Map - it will organize the Project Map and create more useful Cloning function. I entered the wish as IDEA-336. Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!