BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Footers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Foundation plans and footing schedules....how do you create a footer in AC so that you can schedule it like doors, windows, beams, etc.?
10 REPLIES 10
TomWaltz
Participant
That depends. How detailed do you want your schedule to be?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
slw wrote:
Foundation plans and footing schedules....how do you create a footer in AC so that you can schedule it like doors, windows, beams, etc.?
Try to think like a builder and construct the model from basic elements. Just because there is no specific footing tool doesn't mean don't model footings. A footing is just another concrete slab so use the slab tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
That depends. How detailed do you want your schedule to be?
Width, height, connection, reinforcement
Anonymous
Not applicable
Philip wrote:
slw wrote:
Try to think like a builder and construct the model from basic elements. Just because there is no specific footing tool doesn't mean don't model footings. A footing is just another concrete slab so use the slab tool.
Modeling them is simple enough...how do I attach information to the footer to be scheduled like doors and windows but not the slab?
Anonymous
Not applicable
slw

(You can delete your other thread the same as this, before someone answers it)
Anonymous
Not applicable
slw wrote:
...how do I attach information to the footer to be scheduled like doors and windows but not the slab?

I would look at creating a library object for whatever you want to quantify, for example the reinforcement in a foundation. You could create a parametric object for the entire foundation but it may be simpler to model the concrete separately and create add on objects for the reinforcement or other components.

These objects don't need to have a 3D script - just some form of representation on plan, eg at its very simplest form, a rectangle which is stretchable will represent a reinforcement cage.

This object can then have a component/descriptor attached which can quantify and describe everything about the object such as material cost, delivery cost, man hours to place, specification, finishes, protection etc etc.

Look in help and enter a search for quantities.

Hope this helps
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since footing is inverted really beam, Use the beam tool. You should be abel to get all of the calcs you need from the element list after you set it up. Also look at customizing profiles if you need footing/stem wall combination. It's all in the user guide.

Mark Hendricks
Rick Thompson
Expert
I have a series of simple composites with appropriate names (24", 30" etc.) each is tied to a property object containing volume of concrete and lineal feet of rebar ...you will need to make data base component for this, but it is easy and you only need to do it once. Jumping into the property objects and data base assignment is a bit of a jump, but once figured out is extremely useful for what you question asks. I have a sample material list on my web site that shows what this can be.. and you can download this pdf for instructions to get started.

I respectfully disagree with the popular recommendations of using anything other than the wall tool for footings as it is so easy to make footing with the wall tool... magic wand the slab (or stem wall) and you are done.

http://www.thompsonplans.com/files/TappingCalcMenu.pdf
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rick wrote:
...it is so easy to make footing with the wall tool... magic wand the slab (or stem wall) and you are done.
Good point - I have tried that method and it works well as long as one remembers to set the wall intersection in layer combinations numbers differently otherwise the stem wall and footing wall intersections will interfere with one another.
Learn and get certified!