Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Foundation Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Floorplans are completely drawn. I want to make a foundation plan. I would like to show the 8" block, 16" footings, peirs, and apply the necessary notes.
Is there a quick way? Or do I have to save my floorplan to a new name and resize the walls and draw the footings? Is there an offset command?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an extra story below the ground that I use for the foundation plan.

For foundation elements, I use complex profiles, with model view set to "structure only".
Kazuale wrote:
Floorplans are completely drawn. I want to make a foundation plan. I would like to show the 8" block, 16" footings, peirs, and apply the necessary notes.
Is there a quick way? Or do I have to save my floorplan to a new name and resize the walls and draw the footings? Is there an offset command?
It helps if we know what version of ArchiCAD you are using.
Also, it is important to know if you need this modeled for schedules, modled for graphics only, or if your just after a quick 2d plan.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want to model it, make up a new Layer Combination called Foundations, if there isn't one there already.

Have the floor slab layer turned on. Make a new layer for the footings

Model the 8" walls and footings as walls, and piers as slabs, all set to the relevant height below slab level. Set the foundations, piers etc to "Overhead All" in the wall settings and they will show as dotted on the slab.

Or as Enrico says use Complex Profiles for the footings

Have a text layer for that Layer Combination for your notes.

Ian C
jbArch
Newcomer
If using complex profiles for the stem walls, how do you all deal with getting the cut line appearance to look OK in both section and in the foundation plan?

In the plan, it works well to override the cut lines so they show a heavy line. But then this makes things look bad in section, where I'd like to apply the structure's original settings. (This is not an issue with simple concrete stem walls, but becomes a problem when you add exterior insulation, for example, since I show everything in section but only the core in a foundation plan).
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD