Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Gap appears when trimming two vaults

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

Does anyone know how to trim the vault going from left to right, completely to the vault going back to front?
Since the vault going back to front is not a half circle, but more of a circle cut somewhere on its bottom, when I use the command 'Trim Elements to Roof/Shell', the bottom part of the vault going from left to right is cut a bit too much, there is a gap between two vaults (as on the attached image).
Is there any other command to achieve the good result or should I do something differently with this command 'Trim Elements to Roof/Shell'?

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just to explain a bit why this works the way it does:
If you activate the View > On-screen View Options menu command, you will see the trimming body of those Shells. You will then see that the trimming body is an infinite downward extrusion body from the shape of the Shell. This is why this connection is generated this way.

What you can do is select the Shell, go to its settings Dialog, and in the "Floor Plan and Section" panel, change the value of the "trimming Body" field from the default "Downward Extrusion" value to "Editable", and then you will be able to achieve the desired effect, or you can edit the profile of the Shell to achieve it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
Maybe so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CU9M2sMjyc

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just to explain a bit why this works the way it does:
If you activate the View > On-screen View Options menu command, you will see the trimming body of those Shells. You will then see that the trimming body is an infinite downward extrusion body from the shape of the Shell. This is why this connection is generated this way.

What you can do is select the Shell, go to its settings Dialog, and in the "Floor Plan and Section" panel, change the value of the "trimming Body" field from the default "Downward Extrusion" value to "Editable", and then you will be able to achieve the desired effect, or you can edit the profile of the Shell to achieve it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your help!
I managed to do it both ways, but I think Laszlo's is easier to do here.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!