BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Geodesic (sp?) home, anyone ever been here before?

Jefferson
Participant
Greetings,

I recieved a call from a potential client last night who has purchased and gutted a geodesic home, (you remember those don't you?), and wants to model up some interior possibilities. Great! I am going to meet him today and honestly haven't thought through just how I might accurately accomplish the exterior structure.

I would really appreciate any advice,tips, even wild ideas in regard to a realistic approach to this unusual problem. Please note that I will attempt this, if I decide to "accept the mission" in ver 7.

The things we do for $.......................

T.I.A.

Jeff
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Jefferson wrote:
I recieved a call from a potential client last night who has purchased and gutted a geodesic home, (you remember those don't you?), and wants to model up some interior possibilities. Great! I am going to meet him today and honestly haven't thought through just how I might accurately accomplish the exterior structure.

I would really appreciate any advice,tips, even wild ideas in regard to a realistic approach to this unusual problem. Please note that I will attempt this, if I decide to "accept the mission" in ver 7.
I would contact DNC, as I seem to remember that I have seen some geodesic dome examples in the CookBook. I also seem to remeber that I saw something on Objects On Line, but am not sure.

Good luck!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geodesic domes are fun. Also for analytic thinkers:).
I have an object which models warious elements with parametric connectors, shell elements.

Or if you want a model which can be easily modify, for a few bucks I can create a set of roofs for any of the standart types, so you can manipulate, put in skylight, omit panels, etc. Just give me the size. ( or the model number- Geodesic domes although considered passee, are still being built and sold installed or in kits, you can google it up and find a few like Timberline domes in Berkeley)[/img]
Jefferson
Participant
..............I am back after a 12 hour power outage.

Well thank you for the tips. I have the cook book and will investigate. And since I am much more proficient with google than GDL I'll start there. I'll get back after I speak with the client and see how serious he is.......................
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Learn and get certified!