BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Good marking of profiles in-view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
Would you help to improve my fundation plan?

1) Is there a way for marking the CProfile ID of each wall or beam segment of a FloorPlan ?

2) Is there a better way for highlighting constructive designs on Views instead of appending schedules on Subsets ?

3) Is there a way to annotate CProfiles in a general way? It happens to me, that I can only annotate it in Schedules.

4) Can you see at the attachment and recommend further improvements?

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have annotated profiles in schedule like 500 times.
In profile editor gets deleted.
Anonymous
Not applicable
jacobidiego wrote:
Hi there,
1) Is there a way for marking the CProfile ID of each wall or beam segment of a FloorPlan ?
Marking is performed with Labelling tool individually for each object.
There is an object to label multiple items, as shown in attachment.

CProfile doesn't have ID's. Therefore I can only reference to it with its name.
Is this correct? Everything has IDs except for Profiles?
jacobidiego wrote:
2) Is there a better way for highlighting constructive designs on Views instead of appending schedules on Subsets ?
jacobidiego wrote:
3) Is there a way to annotate CProfiles in a general way? It happens to me, that I can only annotate it in Schedules.
I have losed all annotation again after tiny changes in a CProfile.
jacobidiego wrote:
New attachment
Anonymous
Not applicable
Continuing answering myself, after hours and hours of research.
It may help someone else.
Please add something else or correct me if I am wrong
jacobidiego wrote:
Hi there,
Marking is performed with Labelling tool individually for each object.
There is an object to label multiple items, as shown in attachment.
Search for it in the Object Lists.

CProfile doesn't have ID's.
Therefore I can only reference to it with its name.
Therefore CProfile names, must have a good naming convention.

jacobidiego wrote:
Make a Section and a 3D view of the tiny part where complex profiles get joined. Use labels to explain each layer of material.

jacobidiego wrote:
I have losed all annotation again after tiny changes in a CProfile.

I guess that Schedules are not the best point to describe dimensions in AC.
The option of annotation exists in schedules, but are not in-sync with changes in the Profile Manager.
The dimensioning tool in the Profile Manager is not persistent.

To annotate dimensions preferably use a set of Sections or Details of the final building.

jacobidiego wrote:

Making better use of Fills for sections.
Expending 1.5 days trying to know why scaling in the Fill Types dialog wasn't working, I finally found that it has to be with a disabled option, that presumably precaches vectorial images into bitmapped images.
Enable Vectorial Hatching
View > On-Screen View Options > Vectorial Hatching

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/documenta...

Pasteing into it new personal Fills wasn't working either:
Solution: Not any kind of line can be pasted, only basic lines without further operations. Do not change line type. Do not modify this figures like stretching, dont use poliines, etc. Keep as basic as posible.
When Pasteing over Fill Types, it will filter off and discard anything that is not inside this spec without warnings.
Karl Ottenstein
jacobidiego wrote:
We have to define 'everything'. 🙂

Every element has an ID. A Profile is not an element - it is an attribute. If you use a profile to build a beam- the beam has an ID.

No annotation can be made in the Profile Editor. As you note, you should follow a good naming convention to distinguish one from another.

Correct, you would need to annotate sections/details, although in AC 20 an annotated schedule of beam/wall cross sections should persist.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
If Dimensioning can not be made in Profile Editor, it seems to me a double effort to do it in Schedules. In Schedule is persistent but out-of-sync with the changes made in Profile Editor.
I think there should be a 4º layer in Profile Editor for Annotation.

Building a descriptive Section is a much bigger effort which for me, is only worthful for complex projects.

In the first try, I was attaching an Schedule list of Profile used on each Story level, mainly for Core-Only Profiles. With still think this is the best approach for a BIM.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again,
Could you help me with the questions over the attachment?
questions.png
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!