Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Guidlines

James Ebanks
Participant
I am having problems with the Guide Lines working as seen in the YouTube videos. All my incremental guide lines seem to be originating from the the origin and not from the wall or line I am creating (see attached screen shot). Is there a setting that needs to be changed for this to work properly.

Guide Lines.jpg
ArchiCAD 18, 19
Xi PowerGo XT, Core i7 2.8 Quad Core
16 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro K3000M
Win 8.1 PRO
Xi MTower, Core i7 4.0 8 core
16GB RAM, Nvidia Qudro K4200
Win 8.1 PRO
7 REPLIES 7
Gorazd
Booster
I guess you have relative coordinates switched on. Expand your Tracker options in main toolbar in switch it off.
Image 1.png
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
James Ebanks
Participant
Hi Gorazd
I tried your suggestion, but it still does not work. I opened the same file on a Win XP machine and used the same work environments and it works the way it should. It seems that it is only the Win 7 machine that is giving me some problems. I wonder if anyone else running Win 7 64 bit has noticed this. See screen shot below
ArchiCAD 18, 19
Win 8.1 PRO
Win 8.1 PRO
Gorazd
Booster
This screen is from Win 7 64bit. If you deselect "Relative coordinates in tracker" it should work OK. It is not different to Win Xp or even Mac OS. Dont turn off the tracker itself. Hit the small arrow to the right of Tracker icon in toolbar and you will get some options.
Image 2.png
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
James Ebanks
Participant
Thanks again for your reply, however it does not seem to be working for me. Maybe i missed some setting somewhere, I created a file called Guide Line test in AC 14, it all works fine in 14.

In AC 15 when i open the same file with the same WE i try it both ways with relative coordinates off or on it makes no difference. The only time the incremental guidelines seem to work properly is when i start drawing from the project origin or the user origin.

The attached image shows in the first row my test file opened in AC14 with relative coordinates on and off, all works fine. The second row shows the same file opened in AC15 with relative coordinates on and off, you will notice that the incremental guidelines both reference from the project origin, with relative coordinates on the guidelines should be starting from where i start drawing (the edit origin). The only time it seems to work properly is when i start to draw from the project origin or the user origin as can be seen in the last image on the second row.
ArchiCAD 18, 19
Win 8.1 PRO
Win 8.1 PRO
James Ebanks
Participant
I did a fresh install again, and it all seems to be working properly now
ArchiCAD 18, 19
Win 8.1 PRO
Win 8.1 PRO
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have had this same problem; instant guidelines do not appear.

resorted to your same fix,; reinstall AC15.

is this a bug in AC?
Anonymous
Not applicable
We were having a similar problem with guidelines not showing up on our ArchiCad 15, Windows 7 64-bit platform. To get them to appear again, we turned on the Coordinates Palette: Window...Palettes...Coordinates.

Then in that palette, clicked on both of the Absolute/Relative buttons with Triangle icons on them. I think that changed the guidelines to be based on whatever we were drawing instead of the project's base point.

Anyways, the guidelines now appear to be working correctly again. Hope this helps others in the same situation.

Micah

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!