BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hardware acceleration disabled, missing materials and 3D View issues

denisa_l
Newcomer

I have been working on several projects and everything has gone smoothly until a few days ago. I mention that I'm working on this computer since 2021 and didn't have any problem until now. I got on my project and the 3D view is acting up. Previous material files are gone, I can see only colors. Trying to pivot in the 3d view is very difficult and everything disappears but a blue wireframe type view. It does not move in real time so I cannot tell if it is the angle I want until I unclick, and it is often wrong. I enabled 3D Antialising from Work Environment => Advanced Redraw Options, I restarted my computer, reinstalled my Archicad, updated all my drivers...nothing seem to work. 

1 REPLY 1
Lingwisyer
Guru

Flat colours in 3D? Check your 3D Window Style.

The blue wireframe when panning was something introduced in AC23. It is AC trying to keep your framerate high so that you can pan smoothly. Though by the sounds of it, it is not achieving this... If this has not been happening until recently, might there be some new program on your computer consuming a chunk of RAM or CPU overhead that might have previously been available for AC to use? If you isolate a small selection of your model, does it pan in real time?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!