Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

[Help Me Please] - Convert Materials to (CineRender by MAXON) in Archicad 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! Brothers and sisters.
(If the topic set here is wrong place, admin please move to another place). Thank! Admin.

I work at a Japanese company, Customers requests rendered by CineRender by MAXON.
How to Convert all Materials to CineRender by MAXON in Archicad 20?
Convert a lot of material for a long time.
Thanks everyone!
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
Other than importing new textures from a loaded library, there is no quick way to create a CineRender texture.

Depending on the detail and accuracy required, you maybe able to save time by initially duplicating a similar texture which already has a CineRender component, then replacing the image files with those desired. If it is close enough, you may only need to replace the Colour Channel while retaining the existing Bump / Reflection / etc Channels. If this was not done when the texture was originally created, you are stuck with either re-creating each of your textures, or manually building them from the ground up. If you do re-create them, you can Delete & Replace the textures once you are done.

I have not found the "Update CineRender Settings (from Basic)" worthwhile...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
I am not quite sure what you are asking for here.
Archicad automatically creates Cinerender surfaces for all those in your surface list.
You can then further tweak these surface settings to improve the quality (so long as you know what you are doing).

The pop-out in the settings you are showing will allow you to match the internal (OpenGL) surface settings as closely as possible to those of the Cinerender surface.
Or match the Cinerender surface settings as closely as possible to those of the internal (OpenGL) surface.
They can be completely different if you want and changing the settings for one does not change the settings for the other.
This is a way to match them again.

Or the 3rd option allows you to import C4D settings into the current surface - if you have a C4D surface and don't want to manually change the settings.
If you are wanting to create new surfaces then you would need to create a new one and then either manually set it up or import the C4D settings if you have them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
To @Barry
I"m sorry, I can't speak English.
I use translate.google, Maybe you do not understand what I ask. I"m sorry.
I must do one at a time, on and off, long time... ahuhu.
Barry Kelly
Viet wrote:
To @Barry
I"m sorry, I can't speak English.
I use translate.google, Maybe you do not understand what I ask. I"m sorry.
I must do one at a time, on and off, long time... ahuhu.

Your English will be much better than my Japanese.

Yes, you must do this one surface at a time unfortunately.

For every surface (material) you have, there will be a Cinerender version and an internal (OpenGL) version as you have discovered.
These may or may not match, so you can match the Cinerender version to the internal settings or the internal version to match the Cinerender ones.
This will only be for the main settings you see in the internal settings, as there are many more settings in the Cinerender version that are not used in the internal version.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11