Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help wanted with modular joinery object

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I'm trying to tame the excellent modular joinery object and I need some help with the alignment according to the attachment. I cheated with 2d-lines in elevation to align the vertical division in the window part to the center of the double door...well, the attachm. explains it all.
Thankful 4 help.
Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
3 REPLIES 3
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Also...how do I align the panel with the frame?
That is if any here use the Modular Joinery Object from guru Wessel.
AC 25 SWE Full

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
.how do I align the panel with the frame?
I assume you mean making the exterior of the infill panel flush with the exterior of the frame? I hadn't contemplated aligning the panel with one or other side - it assumes that an infill panel has a minimum setback from the exterior. Might be something to add in future. As a workaround, you could do the following (referring to the attached image):
  • 1. Specify that the panel is glazed
    2. Set the glazing to the same thickness as the frame, and override the glazing material to select the required panel material.
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
I need some help with the alignment according to the attachment.
  • 1. In the Detailed Specification panel, select the overhead window and lock the width. This prevents the window from resizing as the dividing panel is repositioned. Leave the window selected when you close the settings, because additional hotspots will be displayed in 3D.
    2. In an elevation view, stretch the hotspot at the mullion to the centre of the double doors. The mullion hotspot is at the edge of the mullion rather than the centre, so I used the 'X' value in the tracker to offset it by half the mullion width.

Alignment.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Thanks Ralph,
I'll use the suggested method for the first question.
For the second it works great as you suggest. I wonder why the hotspot is set to the edge of the mullion instead of in the middle?

Otherwise this fantastic object should be part of all standard libs.
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full