BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Help with railing tool in Archicad 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm currently trying to use the railing tool on a staircase in a project. Whenever I place the railing it appears as a transparent material and doesn't fully solve any joints etc. How do I fix this?

Not too well versed on archicad as of yet but hoping someone's come across this before.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to the Model View Options Dialog. In the "Stair and Railing Options" panel, check the setting in the "Railing Detail Level in 3D and Section" field. I think it is now set to "Simplified" whereas you should be setting it to "Full" to see the 3D model of Railings properly.

Please note that since this is a Model View Options setting and since Model View Options are saved with Views, whenever you activate a View this setting may change. So you should also check your saved Model View Options Combinations to see each contains the proper setting for this field.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not really sure what the problem is exactly.
Could you post a screenshot or two that show the exact nature of the problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies. Hope these two pics communicate the problem. Have changed railing finishes etc. but to no avail.

https://ibb.co/hzxBQx
https://ibb.co/juvLJH

Thanks again
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to the Model View Options Dialog. In the "Stair and Railing Options" panel, check the setting in the "Railing Detail Level in 3D and Section" field. I think it is now set to "Simplified" whereas you should be setting it to "Full" to see the 3D model of Railings properly.

Please note that since this is a Model View Options setting and since Model View Options are saved with Views, whenever you activate a View this setting may change. So you should also check your saved Model View Options Combinations to see each contains the proper setting for this field.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much, that's solved it. Lifesaver!
Learn and get certified!