BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hexagonal Holes for Beam

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all, i need some help from this forum.

i want to create WF beams with hexagonal holes in it. Up untill now, the only options available that i've found on the beam tools are only circular, or rectangular holes.

Is there any other means to make the holes shaped the way i want it other than using SEOs?

thanks before
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am afraid SEO is the only way.

Or, you can use either the Shell Tool or the Morph Tool to create those Beams. You will be able to create hexagonal holes into both of those.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
John:

You can try using the Beam Profile as a Wall, then using a Window in the Beam. (In the attached screen shot, I used the Multiside Window Opening 18 ).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David, Lazlo.
I guess it's me and a hell lot of SEO's and Windows then
Thanks for your responses guys.

I'll try to post something in the wish list for this, although It may not seems to be in the highest priority, but adding a third hole shape option won't be too much of tweaking won't it?

CMIIW, i just learned a few basic things with the GDL things, but don't know that much about the scripts involved in creating beams..
Thanks again guys
Anonymous
Not applicable
John wrote:
Hi David, Lazlo.
I guess it's me and a hell lot of SEO's and Windows then
Thanks for your responses guys.

I'll try to post something in the wish list for this, although It may not seems to be in the highest priority, but adding a third hole shape option won't be too much of tweaking won't it?

CMIIW, i just learned a few basic things with the GDL things, but don't know that much about the scripts involved in creating beams..
Thanks again guys
Check the "Objective Library":
Objective Beam.JPG
Learn and get certified!