Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Horizontal reinforcing bar help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how to make a mesh of steel reinforcing (say 3/4" dia. spaced at 12 inches on center each way? I am trying to model a retaining wall and want to have the rebar show when I take a cut through the wall. I can model a 3/4" dia. column, but can't figure out how to make a horizontal member.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Check out realobjekte.at for free real-world GDL stuff. They have a selection of rebarpieces that might help.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or, you could use a 3/4" wide by 3/4" tall wall, with a 3/4" Log Height. The Log Height can be found under the "Log Details..." button, in the "Model" tab of the "Wall Section Settings" dialog box. HTH.

Jon
Anonymous
Not applicable
JonK wrote:
Or, you could use a 3/4" wide by 3/4" tall wall, with a 3/4" Log Height. The Log Height can be found under the "Log Details..." button, in the "Model" tab of the "Wall Section Settings" dialog box. HTH.

WOW, Jon... that's a stretch! I never cease to be amazed by the inventiveness of ArchiCAD users.

But there is an easier way. Go to the Object Settings dialogue box and navigate to Section 13 Special construction 9; look in Basis Shapes 9 where you will find a cylinder; in the Parameters tab one can change Structural Dimensions; set the Angle to XY plane to 0.

ArchiCAD users should all become familiar with Section 13/Basic Shapes of the library. Theres lots of very useful stuff in there.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
David;

You might want to look at the object in the zip attached below. I think it probably does what you want?

HTH - Stuart
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice, Stuart!
Nice re-bar!

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25