Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Hotlinked Doors

Lingwisyer
Guru

Well... I have just found out that if I select all doors in a model that includes hotlinks, I can edit the doors contained within the hotlink... I have gone too far to undo it, so now it is time to figure out how to get all my doors back to their proper elevations... Anyone have any insight on how I can get 650 doors across 180 hotlinks back to where they should be?

Ling.

Operating system used: Windows

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Is the hotlink within the same file that you placed the hotlinks in (I think they call that 'iceberg' method?) ?

If so, when you selected all doors, it sounds like you selected the doors in the model you are using for your hotlink.

Therefore amending that part of you model and re-publishing the hotlink, will affect all of the placed hotlinks.

Is it just a matter of editing the original hotlink model?

Maybe I have it all wrong, I don't use a lot of hotlinks myself.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

All hotlink sources are external. You usually cannot edit anything within hotlinks, like if I select a door from one, it will say that it is locked. It even shows the faded out nodes.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Setup info provided by author