BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How can i disable F1 key?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone.

When i am working with AC generally i use Esc key to break a command. Sometimes i press F1 key instead of Esc. Then AC help is opening.
May be this is not about by AC it is a windows command. But is there a way to disable F1 key for help?

Thanks..
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think Microsoft will let go of their grip on your keyboard enough to let you do what you want I would love to reassign F1 to something more useful. Does anyone know a registry hack that would allow this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
remap your keyboard!
i used http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/ soft (one of many, but only i found to be freeware) and it did the job perfectly (remapped win machine's keyboard that i could use (nearly) the same shortcuts as in mac)
Anonymous
Not applicable
krokoO wrote:
remap your keyboard!
i used http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/ soft (one of many, but only i found to be freeware) and it did the job perfectly (remapped win machine's keyboard that i could use (nearly) the same shortcuts as in mac)
Thanks. I'll give it a try. There is a built in utility in WinXP but I don't think it allows the F1 to be changed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I don't think Microsoft will let go of their grip on your keyboard enough to let you do what you want

This time I do not think the butler did it. If it where a Windows thing, AC9 and former versions would not allow reassigning F1, which is not true.
I always used that key for the drag shortcut (used all the F keys for shortcuts, actually).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes KeyTweak is working. Thanks for it krokoO.
I haven't tried to assign F1 as shourtcut. I'll try it. But now to make it disable is the best for me.
Thanks all..
Have a good working..
Learn and get certified!