Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How do I Save Custom Door and Window Marker?

shir_khann
Booster

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how and where to save the custom markers that I have made for my doors and window so that I can import them into my future projects and template. I see the option "load other window-door marker..." and would be great if anyone can help and explain how to save this custom markers and reload them into future projects as it will save me a lot of time.

I found this post which is way back from 2005 and doesn't help very much with the current version. 

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Modeling/Door-Window-Marker/m-p/38259/thread-id/19006

Door Marker Custom.PNGWindow Marker Custom.PNG
AC26 AUS | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Yves
Advocate

To succeed in registering a door mark, you must first make a copy of an existing mark, adjust the parameters as desired and then be able to export.

I made a video in French that shows how to do it

She should be able to help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRfNmwvMmNs

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

shir_khann:

Put the marker in a folder, then add that folder to your loaded libraries via the Library Manager, then Reload & Apply (button at bottom left corner). Also add that folder to your ArchiCAD template file so the marker is available in future projects. Some users have a company library folder so they have the same custom parts available in all their projects.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

Hi David, 

Thank you for your response. How do I save the Marker in the first place, I can't seem to figure it out as I am still new to ArchiCAD. 

Yves
Advocate

Hello,

Your door and window marks are made from graphisoft library mark?

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13

Hello Yves,

I am using the standard D Marker 26 for Doors and W Marker 26 for Windows as seen in the photo below. I am just trying to find out how to save this marker in a template or local file on my computer to reuse it in future projects.

shir_khann_0-1686045413279.png

Solution
Yves
Advocate

To succeed in registering a door mark, you must first make a copy of an existing mark, adjust the parameters as desired and then be able to export.

I made a video in French that shows how to do it

She should be able to help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRfNmwvMmNs

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13

shir_khann:

I am not sure what you are trying to do. The D Marker 26 is part of the Archicad Library 26, so it will be an option if that library is loaded. If you save a Favorite of a door with the marker settings, the marker settings will be saved as part of that favorite.

Thanks for adding your signature.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

Hi Yves,

This is exactly what I was looking for and easy to follow. Thank you

Thanks! 

Dear Graphisoft:  Should be easier than this!

AC 24, 27" imac 3.7ghz i5, 40gb ram, radeon pro 580x 8gb, mojave 10.14.4

Now why when you go to door settings, select the custom door/window marker you created, apply it and it gets ignored?   still finding that I select the door marker i created and saved but it does not get applied properly and I still have to mess around to get it to match others.

AC 24, 27" imac 3.7ghz i5, 40gb ram, radeon pro 580x 8gb, mojave 10.14.4