Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do I find degenerated polygons shown in a Report?

How do I find these?

2015-09-07_9-34-34.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you receive a polygon is degenerated error it'll place the element ID next to it in brackets.

With this information you can use Find & Select (CTRL + F) set the element type to all types, add in another criteria for element ID. Copy and paste the number in brackets as per your attached screenshot into the Element ID field and click the + icon to locate the element.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm guessing this is impossible when we don't have an element ID
Eduardo Rolon
No its not, you just need to use the marquee in Floor Plan to select half the project and use View Selection in 3D if it the error pops up then it is in that half of the model if not then in the other half. Keep defining half of the model until you find the culprit.
Also you can go by floor plans. Only objects in the First Floor or half the first floor, etc.

This has been discussed before.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator