Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do I get the upper portion of a railing to include a breakline?

Bill
Contributor
I have modeled a simple, two-story railing (a residential handrail), set to show Home Story and One Story Up.

On the lower story, the break line shows correctly w/ Below Break Mark: Visible. However, I can't get the railing to show correctly on the upper story (see railing 1.jpg), which is supposed to be Above Break Mark: Visible. No matter how I play with the settings, I can't get it display correctly... everything either just shows the entire rail or hides the rail completely. How can I set this correctly?

Bonus questions:
1. Should I be fiddling with "Above Relevant Story" or "Relevant Top Story"? I would think "Above Relevant Story" because I've been able to use that setting for the similar two-story stair, but only changes to "Relevant Top Story" seem to do anything.
2. What does the second elevation input for the breakline control (see railing2.jpg)? For the lower story I've been able to set the breakline correctly using the first elevation input, but changing the second one doesn't seem to do anything...

Thanks!
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
Is your railing associated with your stair?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Bill
Contributor
No.
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1