Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do you unlock a Work Environment Profile?

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
AC Help is of no help...

I've created a custom installation package via Graphisoft's recommendations, which automatically loads our office's WE profiles when installing AC10 on individual computers. This is nice; however, the loaded WE profiles are locked. Since locked profiles cannot be deleted, how do I unlock them in order to update as needed?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
16 REPLIES 16
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
On the Mac the profile xml files are locked in the Finder so I suspect the same would be true with windows. Why not just remove/delete those profiles manually by navigating to where they are stored?
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura,

Did you ever figure out a way to remove unwanted profiles from all the work environments sections? Some are locked and seem to have no means to delete.

Thanks in advance.
JaredBanks
Mentor
Let's revive this. There is a certain add-on company that creates new work environment schemes and locks them. Even when you uninstall the add-ons the schemes stay. Anyone know how to get rid of them?
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
I had this same issue when I created an installation package.

In order to remove the locked profiles (on a PC, not sure about Mac):

1. Close all instances of ArchiCAD.
2. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 18\Defaults\ArchiCAD\WorkEnvironment
3. Go through all of the subfolders and delete the unwanted profile XML files.
4. Go back to Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD-64 18.0.0 AUS R1 (or your local version)\WorkEnvironment.
5. Go through all of the subfolders and delete the unwanted profile XML files.
6. Reopen ArchiCAD and the locked profiles should be gone.

Keep in mind that AppData is often a hidden folder. If you can't see it simply type that folder manually into the address bar and hit Enter.

I found that you have to delete them from both locations. If you only delete them from your user profile ArchiCAD will keep making them again each time you start the program.
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
JaredBanks
Mentor
Thanks. This gets me so close, but there must be one step or slight change for mac users. I feel like I should be seeing everything, but of course what I need is still invisible. So frustrating!
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Eduardo Rolon
Download Onyx
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11582/onyx
and use it to turn all invisible files visible.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

JaredBanks
Mentor
Cool app, but didn't reveal what I needed. Very curious.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
JaredBanks wrote:
Thanks. This gets me so close, but there must be one step or slight change for mac users. I feel like I should be seeing everything, but of course what I need is still invisible. So frustrating!
Can you search the entire computer (including hidden files etc.) for the relevant XML files and delete them? The Work Environment window in ArchiCAD will let you know what name each part is saved under.
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
JaredBanks
Mentor
no luck.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects