Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How sun shadows is working on AC 15 in 3d window setting?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi every one i do not know how to make sun shadow appearing in 3d window i know since archicad 14 we can show shadows from OpenGl rather than internal engine
i choosed sun shadows to be enabled in 3d window setting but i do not know the reason why sun shadow is not showing i took snapshot from my screen showing 3d projecting setting for ability to help me
and thanks in advance

Capture2.JPG
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ahmed,

If you have set it correctly in the 3d window settings, then the shadows should show after you have pressed esc to stop navigating in the 3d window. They don't show while you are moving around.

Your image looks like you were in the middle of navigating around the model when you took the screenshot as there are no contour lines to your model. Is that correct?

I suppose it could be a graphics card problem if all other setting are correct. Have you updated the drivers recently?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed this in AC14 as well - sometimes the shadows don't show, it may well be a graphics card issue as Peter suggested, but I found restarting Archicad normally solved the problem. I'll try updating my graphics driver and see if there's any change - it was a fairly inconsistent problem though, so not sure if I can duplicate it anyhow.
Anonymous
Not applicable
you are right sun shadows is now working when i updated my graphic card driver
thanks a lot