BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to Hide items?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am doing a project and I have walls surrounding all of my columns, and for some reason it wont let me use the line that is extruded out from the wall to select certain columns. It just places an "x" lilke Im clicking nothing. So if someone knows why this is, it would help me tremendously. My other question is, if that didnt make sense, is how to hide certain objects. (e.g. Hide all walls, or all doors?)

EDIT: I figured out to click the columns I wasnt able to. I had to click the very tip of the extruded line, instead of clicking anywhere on that line.. So my question is how to hide objects?
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
SunshineFolk:

Hide the Layer that the elements are placed on.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Those lines you were trying to click on are part of the 2D symbol. If you open the properties and go to the Floor Plan and Section tab there is an entry there that is called "Floor Plan Symbol", the parameter "Symbol Type" controls the appearance of columns on the 2D floor plan. You can adjust the length of those lines as well with the next couple of parameters below the symbol type parameter.
Learn and get certified!