BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to change the background of object in 2d?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello every one i used to work on black background especially i am a cad user so i need to make all my objects and windows and doors its background is black on archicad and to be automatically when i choose different varity of objects to be black is this from attribute manager and please how by steps to do it because i am not very advnaced user ?
Thanks in advance for help
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahmed,

Usually what you will find is if you select the object, then using ctrl+T keys you bring up the Objects setting dialog box. Now with in the Objects settings Dialog Box you go to parameters then scroll down until you find 2d Representation. You then change the Fill Background to the required color (Black as you suggest) or you can use the Ø color to see through to your screen backgound color.

Hope this help
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks wayneh it really work Ø this in 2d presentation background fill but i want to make in the setting whenever i put an object or window it become automatically transparent with the background how i can make this in the setting ??
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahmed,

This would require an amendment within the scripting of the Object to change the default Color thus if you are using a standard AC14 Object you may want to create a library to save a copy into before editing. It would also be advisable to give it a slightly different name. Of course if you are not comfortable with this then once you have set the settings the first time for the object you can use the eyedropper (alt key) to get the object setting before placing again & it will place the Identical Object. Let me know which way you would like to go & I could provide steps to edit Object scripting.
Learn and get certified!