BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to extend Pen Sets

Paopao
Booster
Is there a way to have the Pantone colour sets available in Archicad?

thanks,
PP
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
9 REPLIES 9
Dwight
Newcomer
Not entirely.
But here's a converter.

http://goffgrafix.com/pantone-rgb-100.php
Dwight Atkinson
rocorona
Booster
And, obviously, you are only allowed to have at maximum of 255 colors per pen-set (so for any single view).

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
I find it very frustrating. Graphisoft should broaden their "vision" and include some palettes which allow for more flexibility. Architects will be much happier! Future is in inclusion non exclusion
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree - the 255 limitation is very 1980's.
rocorona
Booster
Pens are intended for the line drawings. I can't imagine a single linework needing more than 250 colors.
The Pantone series of colors are more likely useful for the exterior/interior painting and for furniture surfaces. This in accomplished by Materials, who's number is not limited.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
The Pantone color range provides subtle choices that exceed Archicad's ability to render. Don't waste your time trying for accuracy without studying the gamut of your printer and media.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
rocorona wrote:
Pens are intended for the line drawings. I can't imagine a single linework needing more than 250 colors.
The Pantone series of colors are more likely useful for the exterior/interior painting and for furniture surfaces. This in accomplished by Materials, who's number is not limited.
The problem is that Archicad pens also include the line weight as part of the attribute (why?). If I need ten different line weights I use up 10 pen colors.
My argument is not that I need more than 255 colors, but why should the software impose that limitation?

Many years ago I used Microstation which had only 64 layers(!!) and 255 colors. All that changed over ten years ago.
I don't understand why we still have these restrictions.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you explode a zone with fill category set to its color, you end up with a fill with RGB color. I have no idea how to get it from scratch though.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
rocorona
Booster
Erwin wrote:
If you explode a zone with fill category set to its color, you end up with a fill with RGB color. I have no idea how to get it from scratch though.
not having a "pen number" that color is not associated to a line width, and can't be used for any other element (lines, walls, etc)

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10