BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to have multi color&material on one wall in archicad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi every one all of us recognize the importance of having such material on one wall but frankly i am not able to do it , can anyone tell me how to make multi material with custom division on one wall.

Capture123.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
the problem here custom one no straight line division it may be curve or cut in the middle
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Create the desired pattern or shape out of Fills in the Complex Profile Manager. You will be able to assign different Materials to the different Fills. Then assign it to a Wall of Beam and model a 1 mm long Wall/Beam with such a profile.

You may also use the Addition SEO between this element and the Wall. In this case you would need to use the Inherit Attributes of Operator radio button in the SEO Palette so the surface of the Wall will take the materials of the surfaces of the operator Complex Profile. This way the materials will be part of the Wall and you can hide this operator on a hidden layer to show it only if changes are needed.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
alemanda
Advocate
...we need a new native tool. It should be like a cladding. I image it with the functionalities of the slab tool but vertical. However now it would be possible to do what you need to with the curtain wall system.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Learn and get certified!