BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to make custom label

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any idea for make custom label for different type, and different content. such as

1. Label content could show the material of wall, slab, etc

2. Label style with different frame (Fig. Label Frame)

Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
These would be fairly easy to script from scratch. The only really tricky bit with labels is figuring out their built in leader arrow hotspots. As I recall you have to do some quirky things to get the leaders to work as expected with the tool.

Edit: there may also be some tricks getting the rotation and mirroring behavior right depending on the intended function of the parts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
These would be fairly easy to script from scratch. The only really tricky bit with labels is figuring out their built in leader arrow hotspots. As I recall you have to do some quirky things to get the leaders to work as expected with the tool.

Edit: there may also be some tricks getting the rotation and mirroring behavior right depending on the intended function of the parts.
Thank you for your instruction. I am totally new to the GLD, and the GLD guidance in the Archicad Help is hard to follow for insufficient examples, could you kindly suggest some guidance for me so I could make a start.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The GDL Cookbook by David Nicholson-Cole is good. It has not been updated for some time but the basics haven't changed much and I think it may be available for free download somewhere.

The GDL Handbook from Cadimage is also very good and more up to date. I'm not sure if it's available in electronic form and I forget the price, but as I recall it is quite reasonable.
Learn and get certified!