BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to show multiple stairs in the same floor plan position.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Forum Member & Moderator,
I need advice & suggestion regarding multiple stairs in the same floor plan.
I am working with 2 stairs. One is going Upward & another is going downward. (see Fig -1 ) . I need to show both stairs clearly on the same floor plan. Currently, 1st Stair is overlapping 2nd one. As a result, information related to floor level is not readable anymore.

1st stair is going upward to reach another floor and 2nd Stair is going downward (3') towards a Storage room.
I want to show the 1st stair up to the storage room (I mean both visible & hidden part)
Here is the pln file of my model
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JWEfonPG3oO4V-5fn6Bv5qvN-P9pZy3Q?usp=sharing
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Your longer Stair, the one that goes upward, needs to have one of its settings changed.
The Layout of the Stair needs to be changed from "With Break Mark: All Visible" to "With Break Mark: Visible - Hidden". That way you can define line types and Pens for both the Visible (below the Break Mark) and Hidden (above Break Mark) portions of the Stair's Floor Plan Symbol, and the dashed line type set for the Hidden portion will take effect:

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
Your longer Stair, the one that goes upward, needs to have one of its settings changed.
The Layout of the Stair needs to be changed from "With Break Mark: All Visible" to "With Break Mark: Visible - Hidden". That way you can define line types and Pens for both the Visible (below the Break Mark) and Hidden (above Break Mark) portions of the Stair's Floor Plan Symbol, and the dashed line type set for the Hidden portion will take effect:

StairLayout-BreakLIneWithVisibleAndHidden.png

Dear Laszlo Nagy
I got a result using ur method. Thanks for ur support. But my requirement is different. The stair below is still not readable because of the dotted stair line from the stair above. (See Fig 1) . I need to hide/off the stair above after landing. Nor It will be really confusing for the mason/ contractor. (See Fig 2)
Lingwisyer
Guru
Use the "Below Breakline: Visible" option?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Avi,

Could you draw it with lines exactly how you want the Floor Plan representation to look, and post it as a screenshot?
Should there be a Break Line?
Should the portion above the Break Line be displayed using dashed lines up to the Landing, then, nothing?
Or, should the portion up to the Landing be displayed using solid lines, then, nothing?

So a drawing would be the best.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!