BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How would you go about these doors? (The never-ending multi-slider wish)

MrSoleil
Booster

Any ideas on how to deal with these? We have many types of multi-sliders, I'm only showing the most complex 6-panel ones here below. I have not to this day found any object that would do that type of doors - presented exactly like below. 

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 11.13.00.pngScreenshot 2023-09-05 at 11.13.29.pngScreenshot 2023-09-05 at 11.13.40.png

The ArchiCAD's basic library has a pretty decent object but only goes to 4 sliders (I can live with no pocketing there). It also has something no other object that I've found has - it allows to control for the panels offset (the gap between panels) that is crucial here. These 2D plans also show the vertical elements between panels and that's also important to us. 

So basically a typical multi-slider. I cannot wrap my head around GRAPHISOFT still not updating their libraries. Seems all they need to do is update the element that is already there, to allow for 6 (or more) sliders instead of only 4. 

4 REPLIES 4
ryejuan
Advisor

Yeah, end up I created a simple door using LPM but still it would be nice that the default library would have the ability to modify the number of panels same goes with external sliding doors. 

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Have you explored the options of a custom build object for each door you use or custom door panels for the existing door cofig (example - apply to a 3 paneled slider 3 double panels)? 

AC 7-26 (current 25/26)
iMac 3.6 Ghz 10Core Intel Core i9 / 12b GB / AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB / Ventura 13.4
https://globularcreative.wixsite.com/home
Botonis
Advisor

With CADSWIFT openings from Kristian this is really simple.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

yeah it would be easier but of course if they can make it build in then it would great. Instead of paying extra $$$. 😅

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!