BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How would you model something like this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I wish to ask for an advice about approaching this problem:
I have two surfaces done in rhino, and I would like to translate it into Archicad. As you can see, upper surface is used for roofs of pavilions, while down surface is kept as a continuous landscape. First question is if it would be possible to use already existing surface from rhino, or you would recommend remodeling it in Archicad. If so, what tool should be used? I managed to get some "hills" with the morph tool, but I can not add thickness and use it as a slab (or am I wrong?). Any advice / tip would be welcomed. Also, if I have curved surface or slab, is it possible to display isocurves (contours, or izohipsys
Regards,
Petar [/img]

problem.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
WhiteMan wrote:
I managed to get some "hills" with the morph tool, but I can not add thickness and use it as a slab (or am I wrong?).
You can drag a copy of the Morph for the desired thickness, then use additional Morph surfaces for the sides.

You should update your signature, AC14 does not have Morph Tool.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you your tip. Do you think upper roof surfaces could be modeled individually with the shell tool?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Petar:

It depends on the geometric complexity of the shape, the Shell Tool works for well defined shapes, the Morph Tool is more free form, see an example in this post where the Morph Tool was needed:
3 Curved lines 1 Straight

I would try the various Shell Geometry options first (Virtual Building > Construction Elements > Shells > About Shells), as they generate a thickness.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!