BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I wish the Element Transfer Settings were reliably usable and helpful

4hotshoes
Advisor

There have been many times that I have tried to change some aspect of elements in the model to match another element, it would save tons of time if the Element Transfer Settings (ETS) worked. I have not been able to make them work consistently. I will create the setting that I want, make sure that that setting is current, and when selecting an element I see that it does pop-up with the correct ETS, and then it does not do what I have asked. I have tried many times, over and over. It has worked once in a while, which is why I probably keep coming back to it. But most of the time it just seems to ignore me. Then I am reminded why I have not used them for a long while. They have become useless as a feature.

Can this please be fixed?

(This site has asked me to choose a Label on this topic, but I do not see an appropriate one for ETS to fit into)

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

This does not sound like a wish to me, it is more of a bug report.

Can you provide a specific example when it is not working.

Then we can forward that info to the developers for investigation.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Probably a wish regarding wanting more parameters to be transfered rather than just the handful we can do at the moment.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

True. Many parameters look like they will work because they are similar but hey have tone exactly the right one to work. For example, The ETS will allow you to select a label without the grabbing the value of the text of that label. But if the label is displaying an ID or custom entry in that ID place, it ignores the request and because there is no option to not select a custom value in the Label ID place. There are so many parameters in the ETS, but there should be twice as many to cover user needs. The situation here is not a bug. But I do encounter the ETS as being non-operative many times. It quite likely could be choosing the wrong parameter because the right one is non-existent. So it is a wish. The ETS needs more work.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

OK, so the ability of Labels to transfer or not transfer the contents of the Label can be one example of how Element Transfer settings can be improved.

If you can write additional ones, that would be helpful, and that would be something we could forward to the developers as wishes.

For example, what are some of the settings or parameters that you would like transferred that are not transferred now?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!